Sunday 19 July 2009

Home from the Caravan


My wonderful husband bought me a static caravan earlier this year, the purpose of this caravan was to help me recuperate after 9 months of treatment for Breast Cancer. I love going to the caravan, it is approximately 300 yrds from the beach in front of the van and I have a beautiful nature reserve behind the caravan. So no matter where I sit to sew or knit I have a spectacular view.
I have spent most weekends there since we got it and now the kids are off on holiday from school, we have been there most of the week...popping home from time to time to do some washing etc....well actually if I am truthful I pop home to get to Marys Patch...which is the wonderful shop I go to to buy my fabrics:lol:.
My friends laugh at me and say that I am slowly turning the caravan into my craft room away from home and do you know I think they are right and I love it. I sat the other night watching 5 foot waves break on the shore, listening to one of my many audio books and piecing together a quilt for my daughter...I did not bring the camera home so I cant show you the fabric, but I will when I go back on Tuesday. I need to pop to the fabric shop before I go back again and my wonderful hubby will be going with me, so he has agreed to take me to a wonderful little quilting shop in Aberlady.....oh cant wait:)

1 comment:

Clair Matthews said...

This sounds like heaven - You lucky lady!!! :o)

xxx